Elmbridge Borough Council Social Care Teams
Map for Elmbridge Borough Council Social Care Teams
Social care services to blind and partially sighted people are provided by Surrey County Council through Sight for Surrey (whose telephone number and email are above).
Sight for Surrey helps anyone whose eyesight has become a cause for concern, whether they are registered with a sight impairment or not. Helping them lead full and independent lives.
- qualified social workers who work alongside you, your family or your carer
- strong team of volunteers who can befriend and support
- specialist technology training
- Presence within hospital eye clinics to advise and support newly-diagnosed people
- innovative projects including children’s recreational trips and an Employment Club. The club provides mentoring to people with a vision impairment in the workplace and those who are seeking employment
Please note that Sight for Surrey also delivers services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing for Surrey Council.
- Local authority social care
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training
- Deafblind Communicator Guide