Macular disease is the biggest cause of sight loss in the UK, with around 300 people diagnosed every day. The Macular Society is the only charity determined to beat the fear and isolation of macular disease through world class research, and the best advice and support.
To support people affected by macular disease now, the Macular Society provides a range of services.
Services offered include:
• More than 400 local and online support groups
• Professional counselling service
• Telephone befriending service
• Employment and benefits information
• Parents’ support group
• Eccentric viewing training
• Information on treatments and research
• Eye health advice
- Support groups
- Telephone befriending service
- Emotional support
- Eye health advice