Sight Advice South Lakes
The Sight Advice Centre is open 9.30 am - 4 pm Monday - Thursday. If you are making a special journey to come to the centre or to see a particular member of staff we suggest you telephone in advance to make sure someone is available to assist you.
Map for Sight Advice South Lakes
Sight Advice South Lakes has a resource and information centre displaying a wide range of equipment which can be purchased through the centre. The display includes low vision aids and tecnological equipment with magnification and speech.
The charity also provides support and information through the outreach worker who visits people in their own homes, and information groups are organised for people with recent sight loss.
In addition, the charity organises a range of leisure and social activities including a walking group. There are also support groups in rural areas.
Sight Advice South Lakes runs an information desk and Eye Clinic Liaison Services at Westmorland Hospital (Kendal).
- one-to-one free computer training at the centre or in the home on a variety of software and equipment
- Sight Advice South Lakes Magazine - a bi-monthly newsletter
- special support for people with combined sight and hearing loss
- Low Vision Clinics
- Hospital information
- Low vision services
- Assistive technology products
- Low vision aids
- Loan equipment
- Computer products
- Clubs and classes
- Social functions
- Other sports
- Support groups
- Telephone befriending service
- Home visiting
- Emotional support
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Computer skills
- Assistive technology training
- Braille transcription
0 user reviews
Other organisations nearby
- Cumbria County Council Adult Social Care - South Lakes Office County Offices, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4RQ