Adapt (North East)
Co-ordinates a Disability and Deaf Network to provide peer support for disability issues to those living in Northumberland.
Adapt also provides a community transport scheme for people who are disadvantaged or isolated through disability or location in the Northumberland area. There is a charge for this service and you need to join as a member. Buses can be hired at any time.
The charity also:
- offers a wheelchair loans service
- Processes DBS checks as an umbrella body for the DBS
- runs a payroll service for clients who claim direct payments
- provides training and consultancy in the areas of transport, access, disability awareness and equality
- a range of workshop/office units are available for startup businesses and social enterprises at Adapts premises and the Northumberland National park authority's premises, which form part of the charity's Hexham entrerprise hub.
-runs Haltwhistle Activity Group and Hexham Lunch Group
- Equality advice
- Social functions
- Trips and outings
- Community advice
- Shopping assistance
- Community transport
- Travel training