Barnsley Hospital (ECLO Service)
Worried about your vision? We’re here for you.
Eye Clinic Liaison Officers (ECLOs) offer practical and emotional support to anyone affected by sight loss, including families and carers.
ECLOs are specially trained advisers based in hospital eye departments who work with people of all ages affected by sight loss. They offer information, practical advice, and emotional support, and help people access the support available to them from a wide range of other organisations and services. An ECLO can help people with the certification and registration process which leads to further support and benefits.
ECLOs provide guidance to help you:
• maintain your independence
• better understand your eye condition and treatment
• apply for helpful benefits and concessions
• use technology to help you do the things you need to do
• stay in employment or education, or take up new opportunities
• continue enjoying leisure activities.
- Benefits advice
- Employment advice
- Health and social care
- Hospital information
- Community eye care
- Low vision services
- Emotional support
- Community advice
- Eye health advice
- ECLO (Eye Clinic Liaison Officer)
- Sign posting and general information
0 user reviews
Other organisations nearby
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council Sensory Impairment Services , Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 9GG