Map for Islington Outlook
A Resource Centre offering a range of activities and courses to residents of Islington who have physical disabilities or sensory impairments.
Free IT facilities are available to members of the centre, which include:
- computers equipped with screen magnification and screen reading software
- staff or volunteers that can teach people reliant on magnification and screen reading software
- teaching blind or partially sighted people how to operate a computer using just a keyboard
- course materials in an accessible format.
Also runs an assistive technology resource centre all day Friday, and is affiliated with a social group, Horizon, which meets on the last Thursday of each month from 6-8pm. If you are interesting in joining the social group, please call the centre on 020 7527 6530.
- Benefits advice
- Equality advice
- Local authority social care
- Health and social care
- Low vision services
- Talking newspapers
- Assistive technology products
- Clubs and classes
- Social functions
- Trips and outings
- Computer skills
- Assistive technology training
- Eye health advice