RNIB Scotland Employment Service
Map for RNIB Scotland Employment Service
RNIB Scotland's Employment team supports employees experiencing sight loss to remain in their job, and advises employers on how best to support them with reasonable adjustments to the workplace and work practices.
Just over a quarter of registered blind and partially sighted people said they had left their last job due to the onset of sight loss. But many told us that they could have continued in their job given the right support.
We want to support as many blind and partially sighted people as we can to stay in work, and believe that sight loss should not equal job loss.
We also help job-seekers to find skills assessment, guidance and advice locally.
• Advice and support to employers and employees.
• Encouraging positive recruitment policies.
• Helping employability services increase their knowledge on supporting people with sight loss.
• Visual awareness training.
• Advice on practical solutions, including use of technology.
- Employment advice
- Business advice
- Computer skills
- Assistive technology training