Sight Support Derbyshire
Sight Support Derbyshire is the largest service provider for visually impaired people in Derbyshire.
- a Help line for information and advice service
- Rehabilitation support including mobility training, and support in the home
- Demonstration of aids and equipment.
- A mobile resource centre, that sets up in venues around the county
- Monthly exhibitions around the county to showcase equipment and support services
- A low vision assessment service.
- Home visiting to assess your support needs, or demonstrate equipment
- Visual impairment awareness training
- Volunteer recruitment, training and support
- Social activities
- Quarterly newsletter
- A children and young people group, providing youth club activities, family days and support for children and young people aged up to 18
Sight Support Derbyshire have staff at Calow Hospital in Chesterfield, and Royal Derby to provide advice and support to people attending the eye clinics.
- Benefits advice
- Hospital information
- Trips and outings
- Home visiting
- Community advice
- Everyday living skills
- Mobility training