Thomas Pocklington Trust
A pioneering charity established in 1958 providing purpose-built housing, at an affordable cost, for visually impaired adults in sheltered and supported flats, residential care and housing in the community.
Pocklington's purpose-built housing complexes are:
- Pocklington Court, Roehampton, London
- Pocklington Lodge, Shepherds Bush, London
- Pocklington Place, Northfield, Birmingham
- Pocklington Rise, Plympton, Plymouth, Devon.
- Lord Street and Newhampton Road, Wolverhampton
The charity has resource centres in Balham and Stourbridge which offer day services, Talking Newspapers and Magazines and activities and support.
Two befriending services and a 'link-up' service is available. Please see the specific listings for details.
- Low vision services
- Talking newspapers
- Clubs and classes
- Trips and outings
- Telephone befriending service
- Home visiting
- Computer skills
- Supported housing
- Respite care