Thomas Pocklington Trust
A pioneering charity established in 1958 providing purpose-built housing, at an affordable cost, for visually impaired adults in sheltered and supported flats, residential care and housing in the community.
Pocklington's purpose-built housing complexes are:
- Pocklington Court, Roehampton, London
- Pocklington Lodge, Shepherds Bush, London
- Pocklington Place, Northfield, Birmingham
- Pocklington Rise, Plympton, Plymouth, Devon.
- Lord Street and Newhampton Road, Wolverhampton
The charity has resource centres in Balham and Stourbridge which offer day services, Talking Newspapers and Magazines and activities and support.
- Low vision services
- Talking newspapers
- Clubs and classes
- Trips and outings
- Telephone befriending service
- Home visiting
- Computer skills
- Supported housing
- Respite care