Monmouth Visually Impaired Club
Map for Monmouth Visually Impaired Club
We are a local independent group financed by membership subscriptions and donations.
Meets on the first Thursday of every month from 2.00 to 4.00pm at Wyesham Christian Fellowship, NP25 3NN. There are often invited speakers on topics of interest to club members.
Also meets on the second Thursday of every month for lunch (for which members pay).
Transport is provided to members to and from their home.
The group provides:
- A friendly social environment for members to share experiences and help each other cope with the effect of sight problems
- Help for members to acquire the vision aids they need to improve their quality of life
- Representation of the visually impaired of Monmouth to the Town and County Councils on issues of concern to members
- A swap-shop for talking books and vision aids
- Financial assistance, where appropriate, to members who qualify for vision aids that are not available through the Welsh Low Vision Service.
- Social functions
- Trips and outings
- Support groups
- Community advice